How do you determine the best customer financing for contractors when there are so many options to choose from? Although there are many factors to consider, we’ve identified four questions to determine the best fit for your business and your customers.
- What kind of technology can support my business?
- What is included in the financing programs?
- How will offering financing impact me as a contractor?
- How will payment options affect my customers?
This is your chance to elevate your business, using the right financing options to offer your customers.
HOME IMPROVEMENT TECHNOLOGY
The home improvement industry has been around for a while… but it seems like technology has just started to catch up with it. Now contractors can use their phones, iPads, tablets and other devices to improve their customers’ experience. Customer financing for contractors looking to grow their sales rapidly, is a valuable tool. This is especially true when you can price a job on the spot or show the customer how the finished renovation will look. It’s up to you to make sure your financing partner can offer technology to support your needs as a contractor. A home improvement mobile app should include:
- The ability to submit applications
- Fast approvals on those submissions
- The option to satisfy any potential stipulations
- The ability to send loan documents for signatures
Basically you need a one-stop solution to help you close more deals and increase revenue. Make sure you have access to reliable technology before you pursue any other questions.
The next step is to determine if the lender can offer customer financing for contractors looking to get a leg up on the competition. Home improvement job types can range from small HVAC replacements to roof and solar installations. And not all lenders offer financing for every home improvement project, such as:
- Residential solar installations
- Siding or roof replacements
- Energy-efficient windows
- Bathroom additions
- Basement remodels
- Kitchen remodels
- Deck installations
And those are just a few of the trending home improvement projects in the U.S. So as you look for a lending partner, make sure they have financing options available for all the project types you specialize in. Also keep in mind that some financing programs have conditions to ensure long-term success.
Experienced contractors can really enjoy a wide variety of benefits from high-quality financing. Here are a few things you can expect from a reliable lender:
No-cost lending for prime credit customers
- When you do business with customers that have good credit, you get rewarded! As an experienced contractor, you probably don’t work with every single person that requests your services. That’s why your lending partner will incentivize you to find trustworthy customers.
Finance manager support
- We know how time-consuming home improvement projects are. The last thing you probably want to deal with is financing issues. Working with a reliable lender will ensure you have access to a finance manager whenever you need support.
Friendly and personal customer service
- Some lenders will send you straight to a robot to navigate through your concerns. If that frustrates you, look for a lending partner that will provide personable and responsive support (from real humans) for all your needs.
A strong lending reputation
- If you work with a lender that has a strong reputation, you can have peace of mind for every home improvement project you work on. Successful customer financing for contractors specializing in replacement products can often depend on the reliability of the lender.
Think of these customer benefits as a way to close more deals. You can explain these benefits to them and ease their mind to help you increase sales.
Low monthly payments
- Increasing your customer’s buying power is the key to customer financing for contractors trying to close more deals. You can offer a standard installment loan, featuring affordable monthly payments and competitive interest rates for prime credit customers at no cost to you. But there should also be options available when you need to close a difficult sale.
Quick in-home approvals
- We all know that giving the customer extra time to think about the cost of a project can lead to lost deals. By getting fast in-home approvals through streamlined technology, you can significantly increase your revenue.
As soon as you find a lending partner you can trust, start to market payment options to your customers. People will be much more likely to do business with you if they know they can rely on financing for their next home improvement project.
BEST CUSTOMER FINANCING FOR CONTRACTORS
We might be a little biased… but we truly believe Medallion Bank can help your business succeed. Contractors often sign up with us because of our compelling no-fee loans, but they stay with us because they know we care about their business long-term.